[Mac OS X TeX] Anyone _use_ OS X TeX for productivity?

Paolo Ghirardato paolo at hss.caltech.edu
Mon May 14 22:51:39 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>Dick Koch wrote:

>	3) TeXShop saves output in Unix style because the teTeX programs expect
>	that style. For instance, Bibtex fails when Macintosh line
>feeds are present.
>	We want TeXShop to work with standard teTeX without modifying
>these programs
>	so users can upgrade to the latest versions at any time.

I understand. However, can I add to the wish list an option in the
"Save as" window to save in Mac style? (Right now I open a terminal
and use tr to modify the file. Is there a better way to do it? BBEdit
doesn't seem to recognize the Unix LFs, and gives me boxes instead.)
This would make my life much easier when dealing with non-Unix
coauthors (unfortunately the majority in my case).
paolo
Paolo Ghirardato
Assistant Professor of Economics
Division of H&SS, Mailstop 228-77
California Institute of Technology
Pasadena, CA 91125

tel +1 626 395-4094    fax +1 626 405-9841
e-mail: paolo at hss.caltech.edu
web page: http://masada.caltech.edu/~paolo/ghiro.html
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.