[Mac OS X TeX] Prosper anyone?

Ullrich Steiner u.steiner at chem.rug.nl
Thu May 3 12:28:33 CEST 2001

<x-flowed iso-8859-1>> On Wednesday, May 2, 2001, at 01:19 , Joshua S. Hodas wrote:

> Has anyone gotten the Prosper powerpoint-like PDF slide
> environment working with TeXShop or any of the other environments
> under OS X?  (For that matter, does anyone have it working with
> TeXtures or any OS 9 environment?)
>
> I just discovered Prosper and really want to use it.
> I have not had time to try to see whether it works with TeXshop
> yet, though. (I was unable to make it work in an afternoon of attempts
> with TexXtures.)

Unfortunately, Prosper most likely will not work with TeXShop. The
reason for this is that Propser uses Latex to create dvi files which are
then translated into pdf files.  It includes graphical elements as
postscript.  TeXShop uses pdfTeX.  PdfTeX can include only pdf and jpeg
files.

Maybe we can get Frédéric Goualard to create a pdfTeX compatible version.

I have my doubts that Prosper will work well with Textures since only
Textures implements only a subsset of pdf functions.  Even then it is
likely that the Prosper macros will need to be modified.

I have tried neither Prosper with TeXShop nor with Textures, but would
be interested to get it working with TeXShop.

Ulli Steiner

--------------------------------------
Ullrich Steiner
Department of Polymer Chemistry