[Mac OS X TeX] Anyone using Omnigraffle and TeXShop?

Brett Borden bordenbh at navair.navy.mil
Tue May 8 17:03:03 CEST 2001

This was never a problem for me with eps files either.

To "resize" the image in Illustrator, I did a "select all" to get the image size
(height and width) from the floating info window.  Then I set those numbers into
file/document_setup.  This is a kludge (but it works) and I'd be interested to
have someone explain a better approach.

Brett

--

Brett Borden
Research Department, Code 4T4100D

phone: (760) 939-1417; fax: (760) 939-1409

http://www.nawcwpns.navy.mil/~bronkhor/snss/staff/brett.html

"Gary L. Gray" wrote:

> On 05/08/2001 at 7:44 AM -0700, Brett Borden wrote:
>
> >Well, I don't know about Omnigraffle, but I ran into (apparently) the same
> >problem with pdf files created from Adobe Illustrator (namely, pdf
> >image cut off
> >at the left and bottom when it's typeset).  In my case, I was able to "fix"
> >things by eliminating all of the page borders (extra white space) in
> >Illustrator
> >before I saved as pdf.
>
> A question and a comment.
>
> How do you eliminate the extra white space in Illustrator since I
> found that I was running into a similar problem. In my case, I found
> that I was getting what appeared to be the entire page out of
> Illustrator. I found that I was able to fix this problem by
> Distilling the .eps file out of Illustrator using Acrobat. Of course
> then, some gradients don't show up. Arg!
>
> --
>     Gary L. Gray
>     Associate Professor
>     Engineering Science & Mechanics
>     Penn State University
>     (814) 863-1778
>     http://www.esm.psu.edu/Faculty/Gray/

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
> messages posted by third parties.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.