[Mac OS X TeX] A simple question and a comment

Johann Beda j-beda at pobox.com
Fri May 4 15:37:36 CEST 2001

On 2001/05/03, Gary L. Gray wrote:
>On 05/03/2001 at 1:55 PM -0500, Tom Kiffe wrote:
>>The default installation of teTeX places the teTeX folder in
>>/usr/local/teTeX.
>>I placed the teTeX folder in /Local/Library and then did a symlink from
>>/Local/Library/teTeX to /usr/local/teTeX.
>>If any one is interested I can post the details of what I did and show
>>you how
>>to compile and install teTeX from the sources on CTAN.
>That would be wonderful! Please do give us (detailed :-) )
>instructions regarding teTeX, pdftex, and anything else we might find
>to be useful.

	All of the compilation and sources stuff is beyond me and I await
Tom's detailed instructions, but making a "symlink" is relatively straight
forward using "ln -s" from the terminal.  Does it need to be done as "root"
- probably needed if we want it to work for all users at all times.  If so,
the following should work:

sudo tshrc
ln -s /usr/local/teTeX /Local/Library/teTeX

The above creates a symbolic link called  /Local/Library/teTeX  linked to
the actual directory /usr/local/teTeX.  If the actual directory is at
/usr/local/teTeX you can reverse the "ln -s" command to make the symbolic
link at /Local/Library/teTeX

sudo tshrc
ln -s /Local/Library/teTeX /usr/local/teTeX

--
* johann beda   <XNSName: =j-beda> <http://pobox.com/~j-beda/>   *

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.