[Mac OS X TeX] Re: MacOSX-TeX Digest #30 - 06/06/01

Jenny Harrison harrison at math.berkeley.edu
Mon Jun 11 03:08:43 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>I am still looking for a tex editing program with collapsing
outlines,  synchronicity, and flash. These are my "must-haves".  I am
now convinced one program does not yet exist.  But it should.  Once
you have got used to these features, they are all hard to do without.
Collapsing outlines are especially valuable when you are composing a
long, complex document.    The end result is a linear progression of
symbols, but the thought process going into it may be far from
linear.  Collapsing outlines let you focus on just what you are
thinking about and link ideas in a tree-like fashion.

So here is an idea for a developer.  Take a .tex file and find some
way to collapse sections, chapters, and anything marked with \begin
and \end, such as the proof of a theorem. Double click on a section
and it collapses, leaving a marker.   Double click on the marker and
it opens up.  Move the marker and you move the whole section.  I
guess we need drag and drop, too.  Blue Sky, are you listening?

Jenny
--

http://math.berkeley.edu/~harrison/

"help" (no quotes) in the body.