[Mac OS X TeX] How to install *.cls files for TeXShop?

laurens jerome.laurens at u-bourgogne.fr
Fri Jun 1 14:18:49 CEST 2001

>I downloaded an AIAA (unofficial) LaTeX package
><http://abftp.larc.nasa.gov/~kleb/aiaa/>.  I did a little detective
>work and found out that I could set a variable, TEXINPUTS, to use
>it's *.cls file.  Now, I did that and pdfLaTeX finds the file when
>run from the command line.  When TeXShop runs pdfLaTeX, it doesn't
>find it.  What to do?
>
>I set the variable in my .cshrc.  Clearly, my .cshrc file isn't being
>run for TeXShop.

TeXshop does not launch its tex jobs through a terminal and does not read for
environment variables. It would be difficult to do such things because people
may use different shells (sh, csh, bash...) and the variables may differ.

You should put your extra classes in the right location of your texmf
ditribution,
anyone but me expert in tetex will answer you.

        LAURENS Jerome
Analyse Appliquee & Optimisation      tel : (+33) (0)3 80 39 58 76
    9 Avenue Alain Savary             fax : (+33) (0)3 80 39 58 90
            BP 47870               courriel : laurens at u-bourgogne.fr
     F-21078 DIJON Cedex

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.