[Mac OS X TeX] TeXShop

Zachary Davis zsd3711 at gamma2.uta.edu
Tue Jun 12 05:49:56 CEST 2001

<x-flowed windows-1252>Monday, 11 June 2001

Dr. Murray,

Upon following your instructions I again get the following error:

[localhost:~] zdavis% pdflatex Untitled 3.tex
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-13d (Web2C 7.3.1)
! I can't find file `Untitled'.
<*> Untitled
              3.tex
Please type another input file name:

On Monday, June 11, 2001, at 10:37  PM, Michael Murray wrote:

>> Monday, 11 June 2001
>>
>> That is correct, if I have a file (e.g. fred.tex, untitled.tex, etc.)
>> and I go to typeset the document, I encounter this error, asking me to
>> input another filename.  This error keeps persisting, regardless of
>> the file's name that is input.  I am; therefore, unable to typeset
>> anything in TeXShop.
>>

> OK. What happens if you open up terminal, put the file in your Home
> directory and type `pdflatex untitled.tex' ?
>

> Michael
> -- _________________________________________________________
> Assoc/Prof Michael
> Murray                                                   Department of
> Pure Mathematics       Fax: 61+ 8 8303
> 3696                                      University of
> Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174       Australia  5005
> Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au             Home Page:
> http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
> PGP public key:
> http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt
> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
> messages posted by third parties.

Zachary S. Davis
Department of Aerospace Engineering
University of Texas at Arlington
P.O. Box 19032
Arlington, TX 76019

Home:	(817) 272-6418			zsd3711 at gamma2.uta.edu
Office:	(817) 272-5269

         “Throughout the centuries there were men who took
          first steps down new roads armed with nothing
          but their own vision.”
                                 -Ayn Rand
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.