[Mac OS X TeX] bibliography database management?

Fraser Speirs speirsfr at dcs.gla.ac.uk
Fri Jun 22 09:54:37 CEST 2001

On 6/21/01 at 6:47 PM, Fredrik Wallenberg <fwallenberg at mac.com> wrote:

> On Monday, June 11, 2001, at 08:55 , Gary L. Gray wrote:
>
> > (2) If EndNote doesn't appear for Mac OS X, does anyone have any
> > suggestions on what to use for bibliography management under OS X?
>
> Well, no... I emailed David Eppstein (BibGene) yesterday to ask about OS
> X. His response was "I don't have any immediate plans to port to OS X
> but I'm guessing I'll have to do it eventually."
>
> However, I've just been testing BibGene and EndNote and found that,
> since all I'm interested in is BibTex (rather than integration with Word
> etc.), EndNote may be an overkill pricewise. BibGene seems to be doing a
> pretty good job although the interface isn't all that polished and it
> wont connect to online databases the way EndNote does.

I've been working in my minimal spare time on a Cocoa app for managing
bibliography files.  I don't imagine app integration on the scale of endnote,
but Services might be a useful way to get things moving around.

The main thing I'm hung up on is reliably parsing the BiBTeX file format.  If
anyone has any references, documentation or example code that might help, then
I'd appreciate if you would pass them on.

Thanks,
Fraser
--
Fraser Speirs
Department of Computing Science - University of Glasgow

t: 0141 339 8855 ext.0917
e: speirsfr at dcs.gla.ac.uk  w: www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~speirsfr

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.