[Mac OS X TeX] The texmf tree

mclean at physics.queensu.ca mclean at physics.queensu.ca
Wed Jun 6 17:03:48 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>Ross Moore's comments in digest 29 on setting up a local texmf tree were
very useful. I set up a local texmf tree in my home directory,

~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/misc/

added my REVTeX style files and made the mods to the texmf.cnf files as
Richard describes in his help file. I got the fonts working for the
first time
with the REVTeX package. Great!  Now, I tried to do the same thing
with the BibTeX files. I put the apsrev.bst file in

~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/bibtex/bst/

However, BibTeX did not see the bst file. BibTeX works fine if I have
the apsrev.bst file
in the working directory. Do I also have to tell BibTeX to search the
local texmf tree
or do I have the tree structure wrong ?

It would be great to have more info on the tree structure. The files I
am working with are:

	revtex4.cls  	The REVTeX 4 class file
	aps.rtx       	APS specific REVTeX 4 customizations for Phys. Rev.
	rmp.rtx       	APS specific REVTeX 4 customizations for Rev. Mod. Phys.
	10pt.rtx      	10 point size class option file for REVTeX.
	11pt.rtx      	11 point size class option file for REVTeX.
	12pt.rtx      	12 point size class option file for REVTeX.
	apsrev.bst    	A new custom-bib based BibTeX style file for use
with REVTeX 4 for Phys. Rev. style citations.
	apsrmp.bst    	For Rev. Mod. Physics (author/year) style citations
	revsymb.sty   	A collection of common symbols for use outside
of REVTeX.

Where should they go ? Very useful discussion !

Alastair McLean
NanoPhysics Group, Queen's University, Kingston,
Ontario, K7L3N6, CANADA.
EMAIL: mclean at physics.queensu.ca
WWW: http://nanophysics.phy.queensu.ca
TEL (613) 533 2709 FAX (613) 533 6463