[Mac OS X TeX] LyX-Fink

Enrico Franconi franconi at cs.man.ac.uk
Fri Jun 15 09:51:22 CEST 2001

> But you need X-windows for LyX (right?)

Easy:

fink install xfree86
fink install lyx

(remember to have the latest fink installed, according to the
instructions at <http://fink.sourceforge.net/fink/cvs.php>)

But if you want rootless X-windows (which is more effective on the
mixed Aqua/X environment), then the procedure is more complex, since
the Xfree86 rootless mode is still in beta development. I did
successfully follow the instructions at
<http://www.macgimp.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=19> (without
installing gimp, of course).

cheers
-- e.

Enrico Franconi                     - franconi at cs.man.ac.uk
University of Manchester            - http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~franconi/
Department of Computer Science      - Phone: +44 (161) 275 6170
Manchester M13 9PL, UK              - Fax:   +44 (161) 275 6204

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.