[Mac OS X TeX] Excalibur 4.0b1

Johann Beda j-beda at pobox.com
Thu Jun 28 16:29:10 CEST 2001

On 2001/06/27, at 12:25 PM -0400, Rick Zaccone wrote:
>>B) I can't open my .tex files. I suspect it looks at the creator/type,
>>but documents created in OS X don't necessarily have a resource fork.
>
>Excalibur does look at the file type.  It will open any TEXT file.  I
>guess TeXShop files aren't TEXT files.  Shouldn't they be?  Excalibur
>doesn't care if the file has a resource fork and you don't need one to
>have a file type.

	I think that some OS X programs save files with with either the
file type as "????" or as blank.  I would hope that TeXShop would at least
save them as file type TEXT, but I guess it doesn't.

	Perhaps Excalibur should also check for any .tex or .txt extension?
Or be able to drag and drop for any type of file?  Or for "????"/blank file
types?

--
* johann beda   <XNSName: =j-beda> <http://pobox.com/~j-beda/>   *

"help" (no quotes) in the body.