[Mac OS X TeX] bibliography database management?

Fredrik Wallenberg fwallenberg at mac.com
Fri Jun 22 03:47:20 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>
On Monday, June 11, 2001, at 08:55 , Gary L. Gray wrote:

> (2) If EndNote doesn't appear for Mac OS X, does anyone have any
> suggestions on what to use for bibliography management under OS X?

Well, no... I emailed David Eppstein (BibGene) yesterday to ask about OS
X. His response was "I don't have any immediate plans to port to OS X
but I'm guessing I'll have to do it eventually."

However, I've just been testing BibGene and EndNote and found that,
since all I'm interested in is BibTex (rather than integration with Word
etc.), EndNote may be an overkill pricewise. BibGene seems to be doing a
pretty good job although the interface isn't all that polished and it
wont connect to online databases the way EndNote does.

Both products seem to run just fine in Classic.

Fredrik

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.