[Mac OS X TeX] TeX + GhostScript option and \psfig

Warren Nagourney warren at dirac.phys.washington.edu
Thu Jun 28 20:37:40 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>Hello,

I was very pleased to see that the new version of TeXShop (1.1) allowes
.eps files to be displayed using the TeX+Ghostscript option. This has been
the deciding factor in allowing me to switch from TeXtures to TeXshop as I
have many documents with embedded .eps graphics.

Unfortunately, nearly all of these documents use the \psfig command to
display the .eps file and this doesn't work (at least it doesn't preview).
Although I am having printing problems from OSX, I assume it won't print
either since the .pdf file doesn't display the graphics.

However, using the \includegraphics environment works fine as does using
\epsfig (according to a friend who does this). Does anyone have any ideas
why \epsfig should work but the very similar \psfig should not?

Thanks.

Warren Nagourney
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.