[Mac OS X TeX] Re: ghostscript from the command line with XFree86 ?

Aaron Seitz aaronseitz at mac.com
Mon Jul 23 03:51:27 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>Dear Paul,

I do not know if Ghostscript 7.0 works with the versions of teTeX
installed with TeXShop. I am a bit of a hack and I found it easier to
install two copies of teTeX, one in my /sw directory, which I use with
XFree86, and another which I use with TeXShop. I have also been unable
to do much testing since the tex + ghostscript option in TeXShop has not
been working for me. No matter which option I check, pdflatex always
does the compilation. Hopefully someone who knows more will find out the
answer.

Best,

-Aaron

On Sunday, July 22, 2001, at 08:00  PM, TeX on Mac OS X Mailing List
wrote:

>> Dear Michael,
>>
>> Thanks for the info on Mathematica. As per ghostscript, it looks like
>> version 6.01 is installed with teTeX. I use fink to download version
>> 7.0 which works fine with XFree86. My hypothesis is the the older
>> version does not have an x-windows gui.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> -Aaron
>
> Actually when the patch first came out for the pdf problem, I downloaded
> the patched version of teTeX and started compiling it (part way through
> I realized that Richard Koch and Co. had already recompiled it).  In any
> case at that time, I noted that the ghostscript was compiled without the
> x11 interface on.  This leads to my next question: do TeXshop and teTeX
> work with the version 7.0 ghostscript you installed?

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.