[Mac OS X TeX] ghostscript from the command line with XFree86 ?

Dr. Paul Fons paul-fons at aist.go.jp
Sun Jul 22 12:52:02 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>
On Sunday, July 22, 2001, at 11:16 AM, Aaron Seitz wrote:

> Dear Michael,
>
> Thanks for the info on Mathematica. As per ghostscript, it looks like
> version 6.01 is installed with teTeX. I use fink to download version
> 7.0 which works fine with XFree86. My hypothesis is the the older
> version does not have an x-windows gui.
>
> Best,
>
> -Aaron

Actually when the patch first came out for the pdf problem, I downloaded
the patched version of teTeX and started compiling it (part way through
I realized that Richard Koch and Co. had already recompiled it).  In any
case at that time, I noted that the ghostscript was compiled without the
x11 interface on.  This leads to my next question: do TeXshop and teTeX
work with the version 7.0 ghostscript you installed?

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.