[Mac OS X TeX] How to print postscript in MacOSX ?

Bernard Knaepen bknaepen at ulb.ac.be
Wed Jul 11 16:44:04 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>I am a bit puzzled here. I hadn't tried to use atprint since I
upgraded to 10.0.4 and I get the same behaviour as yours. It did work
with previous OSX versions.
Martin's way of doing things work for me but does someone now why the
standard command looks broken?

Bernard.

>On Mercredi, juillet 11, 2001, at 09:00 , Bernard Knaepen wrote:
>
>>if you are printing through appletalk (as opposed to direct tcp/ip)
>>then you need to use the command,
>>
>>atprint [ printer-name [: printer-type [@ zone ] ] ] file.ps
>First of all thank you! You're the first poster I've read that
>actually explains this!
>Yet it does not work for me: I have an LaserWriterG on my local
>network, using appletalk to print.
>This is what i get:
>[pushpa:text/MacGSView/Examples] cyril% atlookup
>Found 2 entries in zone *
>03f2.34.80      BettyT:LaserWriter
>fff4.49.80      pushpa:Darwin
>[pushpa:text/MacGSView/Examples] cyril% atprint BettyT:LaserWriter@*
>golfer.ps  atprint: No match.
>
>What am I doing wrong here? I tried using [ ]s, modifying their
>position etc, to no avail.
>But if I try:
>[pushpa:text/MacGSView/Examples] cyril% atprint BettyT
>Looking for BettyT.
>Trying to connect to BettyT:LaserWriter@*.
>atprint: printing on BettyT:LaserWriter@*.
>
>And then my printer's blinking. (and I'd like to know *what* it
>thinks he should print!).
>Any help welcome!
>Cyril

>"help" (no quotes) in the body.
>This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
>messages posted by third parties.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.