[Mac OS X TeX] TEX -> EPDF?

Nick Matsakis matsakis at mit.edu
Thu Dec 6 16:52:52 CET 2001

> What one wants is for TeXShop.app to provide a Service, ``TeX eq ->
> EPDF'', so that one could then, within OmniGraffle, type  the desired
> equation (say \magstep2$1+1=2$), select it, choose the Service and then
> get in situ the ``epdf''---that's how it works in NeXTstep, and I can't
> think of a more efficient fashion to get this sort of thing done....

Well, this would definitely be useful and I would use such a feature.
However, one of the powers of LaTeX comes from piling on the macros... So,
this would only really work with vanilla equations, UNLESS you had an
additional service which was "TeX -> EPDF in environment..."  where you
could specify a file that had the declarations. Even better _still_ would
be to create an object that could be embedded into graphic apps that would
allow you to edit the equation in place.

Nick Matsakis

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.