[Mac OS X TeX] GW's teTeX (Comments and Questions)

Alexandre Enkerli aenkerli at indiana.edu
Fri Dec 14 00:46:25 CET 2001

First off, many thanks to Gerben Wierda for all the work on those teTeX
releases.
Just tried the last beta version ("teTeX-beta20011202.dmg") and it seems
to work like the previous ones on my setup.

By the way, the putting the fink "source" statement in .login didn't
work for me. I ended up having tex not finding the .fmt files seemingly
because of this. After putting the source statement in my .tcshrc,
everything worked again.

One thing I'd like changed with the installation. Unless I'm doing
something wrong, the tex-related info files don't show up in the main
info node. They can be accessed through "info
--directory=/usr/local/teTeX/info/" but it'd be nice to have them at the
top.

Now for the questions. I think they're specific to the MacOS X
distribution but I could be wrong.

I'm slightly confused. Which texmf.cnf (if any) should we change? The
one in /usr/local/teTeX/, the one in
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/web2c/, or the one in
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.macosx/?

Which config file(s) should we modify when we add font map files? Is it
a good idea to use updmap? Is there a more convenient way to add map
statements?
I managed installing fonts by putting modified config files in my
~/Library/texmf tree (dvips/config/config.ps and
pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg). Is this a good method?

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.