[Mac OS X TeX] opening ps, eps & dvi files from TeXShop

Michael Murray mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Mon Dec 10 12:12:05 CET 2001

>>I just tested this with TeXShop 1.13 and it seemed to work at
>>first. What I did:
>>
>>1. Choose File->Open from the menu
>>2. navigate to an eps file
>>3. Select it.
>
>That's exactly what I did. Now, here is some additional info that I
>got from the Console
>
>For ps & eps files, I get the message
>MANPATH: Undefined variable.

Hi

Try commenting out the setenv MANPATH declaration in your .cshrc.
Awhile back in TeXShop 1.1 I had this strange thing were
having a setenv MANPATH command in my .chsrc stopped TeXShop running
using ghostscript.  As soon as I commented out the command it
would run OK. I resolved this problem by putting the
setenv MANPATH in my .login.

Michael
Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
Department of Pure Mathematics       Fax: 61+ 8 8303
3696
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt