[Mac OS X TeX] TEX -> EPDF?

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Thu Dec 6 22:34:38 CET 2001

> So far, it only seems to work right the first time it is called, and I

The \newpage is irrelevant, and you should probably suppress the
blank spaces created from the end of lines, after a '}'.

e.g.   \setlength{\parindent}{0cm}%
                                  ^----  suppresses end-of-line token

> can't figure out why.  This is ok because I really want one equation per
> file, since Omnigraffle (and presumably most graphics programs) can only
> embed the first page.

> Now, does anyone know how to get the \pdfinfo command to work properly?  I

What do you find is going wrong ?

I'd guess that \pdfinfo{/Subject (#1)}  is rather dangerous,
as any active tokens within the #1 would not expand into the text
of their name.

Instead, you'll need something more intricate, such as:

{\let\zz\catcode
 \zz`m=12 \zz`a=12  \zz`c=12 \zz`r=12 \zz`o=12
 % avoid the letters  m a c r o  in the name of this next macro
 \gdef\stipening macro:->#1@@!@@{#1}
}
\def\shipoutpdf#1{%
  \bgroup \def\tmp{#1}%
    \edef\tmpinfo{/Subject (\expandafter\stipening\meaning\tmp@@!@@)}%
    % \show\tmpinfo
    \expandafter\pdfinfo\expandafter{\tmpinfo}%
  \egroup
  ....  other stuff here ....
}

Test:   \shipoutpdf{$ \alpha^2 + \beta^2 = \gamma^2 $}

> think it would be _really cool_ if the PDF subject was the original tex
> for the equation.

Try the above.

Cheers,

	Ross Moore

> Regards,
>
> Nick Matsakis

> % Note, the argument to this macro requires latex that can be formatted in
> % a horizontal box.  Thus, no "displaymath". If you want display style
> % math, write your argument like "$\displaystyle 1 + 1 = 2$"
> \newcommand*{\shipoutpdf}[1]{
>   \newpage
>   \pdfinfo{/Subject (#1)}
>   \setlength{\parindent}{0cm}
>   \setlength{\leftmargin}{0cm}
>   \setbox0=\vbox{\kern -1truein
>      \hbox{\kern -1truein #1 \kern 1truein}%
>      \kern1truein}%
>   \dimen0\ht0
>   \advance\dimen0\dp0
>   \setlength{\pdfpageheight}{\dimen0}
>   \setlength{\pdfpagewidth}{\wd0}
>   \shipout\box0
> }

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
> messages posted by third parties.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.