[Mac OS X TeX] Re: Mac TeX/LaTeX Web Site

George Gratzer gratzer at cc.UManitoba.CA
Wed Aug 29 07:18:44 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>>Hi!

>I've just installed TexShop 1.12 on MacOS 10.0.4. Everything seems to
>work fine when I typeset using pdftex. However, the TeX and Ghostscript
>typeset option produces no output. When I click on the Latex button, the
>error console opens but remains empty and nothing happens. I've also
>tried to open an eps file and nothing happens. I guess there must be
>something wrong with my installation but what could it be???
>
>As instructed, I've installed the new teTex and ghostscript (over the
>old). I didn't changed the "engine" settings. They point to:
>
>/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current
>pdftex
>pdflatex
>altpdftex
>altpdflatex
>
>respectivelly. From a terminal, I've tried to run altpdflatex on a sample
>file and it worked fine (producing both a .dvi and a .pdf).
>
>So does anyone have any idea on what could be the problem?
>
>Many thanks in advance,
>--
>Marc Parizeau

Exactly my experience. Except that I found the pdf file, and when I
opened it with Acrobat, it proved to be correct. However, TeXShop
showed it as an empty file.

This is improvement, however; the previous version of TeXShop refused
to typeset the file.

GG

--
George Gratzer