[Mac OS X TeX] Re: PATH variable in TeXShop.

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Wed Aug 29 23:40:30 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>Folks,

Marc Parizeau wrote: "My .cshrc contained only

	setenv PATH "${PATH}:/usr/X11R6/bin"

And indeed, after I removed it, TeXShop started to work ok in
TeX/GS mode. This is really a strange bug, I just can't imagine why
these commands have any impact on the behavior of TeXShop?!
Does this imply that TeXshop reads the .cshrc file and tries to
interpret it???
... Obviously, the authors of TeXShop should look into this mystery for
future release..."

I agree. I'll be gone for a week, but then I'll look
into the mystery. TeXShop doesn't look at the .cshrc, so I'm as
puzzled as everyone else!!

Dick
koch at math.uoregon.edu

"help" (no quotes) in the body.