[Mac OS X TeX] Alpha + teTeX

Philippe Lelédy phl at leledy.org
Sun Aug 5 15:17:29 CEST 2001

Waiting deseparatedly for a carbonized Alpha, I think I'll use this
mechanism, b/c I want to be as teTeX as possible, but keeping Alpha for
input.

-1- Alpha under Classic, saves the file

-2- a BSD script watches every second if this file is changed.

-3- each time it detects a change, it issues the command

pdftex <filename>; open <filename>.pdf

MacOS X is smart enough for having an CLI "open" command for starting Aqua
applications or opening documents in their associated application (here
Preview.app), and of course, thanks to old MacOS friendship, repeatdly
opening the same document doesn't end up in numerous instances of the same
application like in many other popular but poor OSes.

Of course, I lost capturing TeX errors.

BTW, tex+dvipdfm gives .pdf that preview can't correctly display.

Salutations.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.