[Mac OS X TeX] How to set texhash's path?

Cyril Niklaus cyril.niklaus at bigfoot.com
Sun Aug 12 17:22:38 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>Hi all,
Another problem I have: I just downloaded a new style, and would like
Tex to know where it is, so I've put it in  my ~/Library/texmf/, and ran
texhash. But even though I've recently updated to the new tetex version
that comes with texShop 1.12, it seems to have kept its settings from my
So when I run texhash, this is what I get:
[pushpa:~] cyril% texhash
texhash: /sw/share/texmf: directory not writable. Skipping...
texhash: Updating /var/tmp/texfonts/ls-R...
texhash: Done.
which is not what I want, of course.
man texhash is not helpful at all.
Thanks,