[lucida] Lucida OT equality symbol looks faint in Adobe Acrobat

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Aug 14 23:51:02 CEST 2022

Yes, Y&Y defined all the hinting in the Type 1 version of the fonts.
I don't believe any of it got merged back into B&H versions.
At least not intentionally.

It's also true that there is no kerning.

As I recall, Kris did do low-level TrueType hints for the first "Royal"
version of Lucida, as an experiment for Apple. I don't believe those
hints got included in later versions either.

If you dump a font which does have hinting (Latin Modern?), I surmise
you will see the hinting stuff and can then check definitively if they
are present in the current .otf. -k