[lucida] pending bug reports?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Apr 23 00:48:02 CEST 2022

Hi - we are hoping to make another update to the Lucida OpenType fonts
in the near-ish future (a few weeks?). If you know of bugs or have
characters you'd like to see added, just reply here, either to the list
or to me.

The best way to report bugs is to include both:
1) clear description of what you got vs. what you expected; and
2) a (La)TeX source file we can use to reproduce.

These are the issues we're looking at:

- inequal widths of < = >
https://tug.org/pipermail/lucida/2022-March/000864.html

- bold small caps c cedilla has wrong base character:
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/575868/small-caps-bold-%c3%a7-in-lucida-type-1-fonts

- new double angle bracket glyphs U+027EA and EB. This may have to
be postponed since Chuck started seeing lots of other inconsistencies
with other glyphs, the more he looked into it.

- geometric shapes (U+25A0...) have different sizes and line thicknesses
than in the Math Operators block (U+2200...). Unsure how this will shake out.

- subscript $T_{\text{feed}} comes out too spacey in OpenType.

- in LucidaBrightMathOT-Demi.otf, the extensible parentheses are not bold.

We'll see.

Thanks,
Karl

P.S. On another front, if by some happy chance anyone would like to
spend some time working on the lucidabr LaTeX package for the Type 1
fonts (ctan.org/pkg/lucidabr), please let me know. There are plenty of
things that could be improved there, but it's not going to make it to
the top of my list soon, if ever :(.