[lucida] Small Caps Bold ** in Lucida type 1 fonts

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Tue Dec 22 09:42:59 CET 2020

> Le 22 déc. 2020 à 00:20, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> a écrit :
>
>     egreg has already given a nice explanation for the problem
>     (https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/575868/
>
> Nice indeed. I'll see if Walter wants to update the distributed vf.
> At least I can do it for TUG's distribution. --thanks, karl.

Getting late in the game: has anybody tried to replicate the output of the original poster? I'm not getting the same, on my setup the small caps Ç is as it should be.

I don't know exactly which set of VF/TFM files I have, those distributed by CTAN/TUG or those distributed by PCTeX (I see the original poster is using lucimatx, so he's probably got the fonts from PCTeX). I'm not sure I'll be able to check in detail right now, with the preparation of the holiday season.

Looking at egreg's fix, if I understand correctly, there was a problem in the virtual font file, calling the wrong glyph of the real font on which the virtual font is based (virtual glyph 347 calling 347, ie itself, instead of the real glyph 270).

It would be interesting to know exactly which metric set is corrupted and at which point it got corrupted. Attached is a glyph chart I created years ago (2011 it seems), hlhbc8t is on p. 21, it looks OK as far as I can tell.

Bruno Voisin