[lucida] Installation Lucida in Texmaker

Willem van Leeuwen wa at minerva83.nl
Tue Dec 24 09:35:51 CET 2019

Dear Axel, dear Bruno (in alphabetic order!),

I finally succeeded in installing succesfully the Lucida fonts.  The secret was that I had to open the Console with administrators rights, by `mouse-clicking-right’. By pointing out that fact to me, it all came right.

I must not forget to thank you for the help you gave me the last few days, and, in particular, for the hint regarding the administrators rights.

Then, after unpacking the zip fonts and placing them in texmf/local,  it is simple to include the Lucida fonts:
First, with administrator rights, go to
C:\

Then
C:\>updmap-sys --enable Map lucida.map

Finally
C:\>mktexlsr

That is all.

What I got was the following, after starting with the command sudo:

C:\>sudo updmaps-sys enable Map lucida.map
'sudo' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Apparently, the command sudo to obtain administrators right is no longer useful.

C:\>updmap-sys --enable Map lucida.map
updmap will read the following updmap.cfg files (in precedence order):
  c:/texlive/2019/texmf-config/web2c/updmap.cfg
  c:/texlive/2019/texmf-dist/web2c/updmap.cfg
updmap may write changes to the following updmap.cfg file:
  c:/texlive/2019/texmf-config/web2c/updmap.cfg
c:/texlive/2019/texmf-config/web2c/updmap.cfg unchanged.  Map files not recreated.
updmap: Updating ls-R files.

C:\>mktexlsr
mktexlsr: Updating C:/texlive/texmf-local/ls-R...
mktexlsr: Updated C:/texlive/texmf-local/ls-R.
mktexlsr: Updating C:/texlive/2019/texmf-config/ls-R...
mktexlsr: Updated C:/texlive/2019/texmf-config/ls-R.
mktexlsr: Updating C:/texlive/2019/texmf-var/ls-R...
mktexlsr: Updated C:/texlive/2019/texmf-var/ls-R.
mktexlsr: Updating C:/texlive/2019/texmf-dist/ls-R...
mktexlsr: Updated C:/texlive/2019/texmf-dist/ls-R.
mktexlsr: Done..

My warmest regards,

Willem van Leeuwen