[lucida] Installation Lucida in Texmaker

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 23:16:45 CET 2019

Willem,

On 12/22/19 8:44 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> On Unix and Mac there are two ways to run updmap to do this: for a system-wide install it's
>
> 	sudo updmap-sys --enable Map lucida.map
>
> (where sudo makes the command be run as admin user) and for a user-specific install it’s
>
> 	updmap --enable Map lucida.map
>
> Again, you’ll have to experiment to find out how to do the same on Windows.

If I remember correctly, from the time I used Windows 7, to use
updmap-sys you have to open the Command Prompt with administration
privileges, or something like that; so just

     updmap-sys --enable Map lucida.map

If you installed Lucida in texmf-local, just forget about «updmap» and
always use «updmap-sys».

If at any point you make a mistake, don't worry, just run

     updmap-sys --syncwithtrees

and then again

     mktexlsr

     updmap-sys --enable Map lucida.map