[lucida] Question about lucida-otf.sty

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Mon Nov 6 10:42:21 CET 2017

> Le 6 nov. 2017 à 10:06, Bruno Voisin <bvoisin at icloud.com> a écrit :
>
> 2) By the way, this wasn't the point of your original report if I understood correctly, but just so everything's clear: it's perfectly normal that
>
> \mathrm vs. \symup
> \mathit vs. \symit
> \mathbf vs. \symbf
> \mathsf vs. \symsf
> \mathtt vs. \symtt
>
> give different results, these are not the same fonts. [...]

Last follow-up I promise: Will Robertson has given a talk on this at TUG 2015, describing unicode-math's evolving view on the matter. Slides at

https://www.latex-project.org/publications/2015-07-20-unicode-math.pdf

and video at

http://zeeba.tv/reconciling-unicode-math-with-latex2e-mathematics/

The talk may be slightly out of sync with the current state of unicode-math, but I think it presents the overall picture well. See in particular slide 72 (included, video at 41:40), which summarizes the differences between the font-switch commands.

Bruno