[lucida] [luatex] luatex hangs on lucida OT test file

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Wed Mar 8 00:54:01 CET 2017

Hi Bruno,

> OK, just seeing Norbert's blog entry <https://www.preining.info/blog/2017/01/debian-tex-live-january-2017/> about LuaTeX 1.0 breaking the current TeX Live packages, so that's probably not a good idea anyway.

[...]

> But then, everything works well, so this is really an issue with LuaTeX 0.9*, apparently.

Yes, it seems that most relevant packages are already updated to work with
both luatex 0.9 and luatex 1.0. At the time I wrote that blog most weren't
updated and format building broke badly.

> Installing the Mac one turned out more complicated than I expected (rename the luatex in /usr/local/texlive/2016/bin/x86_64-darwin/ to luatex-2016, put the current luatex there, run "sudo fmtutil-sys --byfmt lualatex").

What is complicated here - these are all the natural and necessary steps I guess.

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer