[lucida] lucida 1.803

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Thu Jul 6 07:59:59 CEST 2017

> Le 6 juil. 2017 à 01:07, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> a écrit :
>
> By the way, people here may be interested in Herbert Voss's lucida-otf
> package (he has already updated it accordingly). Since Lucida is not
> free (in any sense :), you need to get his package through CTAN:
>  https://ctan.org/pkg/lucida-otf
> Thanks Herbert!

Thanks wholeheartedly seconded!

Regarding the scale factor, I tend to prefer Scale=0.9 to the default 0.92, as 0.9 gives more or less the same line breaks as Lucida Type 1 with the lucidasmallscale options of lucidabr.sty and lucimatx.sty. That's a very minor concern indeed.

More important: I wonder whether the calls made in lucidabr-otf.sty, like

\setmainfont{LucidaBrightOT}[% main rm
       Extension = .otf,
  \lucidaRM at features,
      ItalicFont = *-Italic,
        BoldFont = *-Demi,
  BoldItalicFont = *-DemiItalic
]

won't conflict with files like lucidabrightot.fontspec in the lucidaot distribution, which say

\defaultfontfeatures[LucidaBrightOT]
  {
    ExternalLocation,
    UprightFont = "LucidaBrightOT.otf",
    BoldFont = "LucidaBrightOT-Demi.otf",
    ItalicFont = "LucidaBrightOT-Italic.otf",
    BoldItalicFont = "LucidaBrightOT-DemiItalic.otf",
  }

since precisely the point of these files was that, when writing \setmainfont{LucidaBrightOT}, fontspec would read and use the feature list from lucidabrightot.fontspec. (At one point there were issues with the case used in the file names, I don't remember what the situation is now.)

Well, I'll probably just get in touch with Herbert about that. Not right now though, I'll be busy with non-TeX matters for most of the summer.

Bruno Voisin