[lucida] Lucida installation problem

David Saunders david at symplectic.demon.co.uk
Fri Aug 4 15:49:47 CEST 2017

On 04/08/17 14:07, Norbert Preining wrote:
> [...]
> I wanted to write:
>
> That is easy, I have the Lucida fonts since Y&Y times and it always worked:
>
> * put the pfb files into
>
> [...]
>
> After that run
> 	mktexlsr
> as root (with sudo or as root).

That's where all my Lucida files are.

I can sort out my PATH problem by adding
/usr/local/texlive/2017/bin/x86_64-linux using TeXworks preferences, and
then I get the same error (missing font hlcrf8r). So if that's now a
global problem, maybe I do want to stick with the Debian version of TeXlive.

Would it be sensible for me to rearrange the directory structure so that
it matches the one on my old (working) machine?

> *********************
>
> But then I tried it out, and it didn't work, neither with lucidabr nor
> with lucimatx ... :-(((
>
> With lucida-sample.tex me too I am getting an error - that is strange:
> 	Font hlcrf8r is missing!
> That is I guess an error in the setup of lucidabr. That is the reason
>
> INterestingly there is the same error with lucimatx but a different font:
> 	Font hlsb8r is missing!
>

> I see that there is a serious problem.
>
> It seems that something has changed .... indeed ....

Thanks

David