[lucida] Lucida installation problem

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 04:05:23 CEST 2017

On 08/03/2017 08:52 PM, Norbert Preining wrote:

> I suggest leave it there and change the TeX Live TEXMFLOCAL setting
> by editing /usr/local/texlive/2017/texmf.cnf and add a line
> 	TEXMFLOCAL = /usr/local/share/texmf
> (this is my default setting!)

For me, the advantage of having everything in /usr/local/texlive is that
when I upgrade to a new LTS version of the OS (say, Ubuntu 16.04 to
18.04) I do a clean install. For that, I tar the entire texlive
directory, back it up, and, when the new OS is working, untar texlive in
the fresh /usr/local, set the PATH, and keep working as if nothing has
changed.

Best

Axel