[lucida] Lucida installation problem

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 03:44:53 CEST 2017

On 08/03/2017 03:04 PM, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

> On 2017-08-03 at 20:07:53 +0100, David Saunders wrote:

[...]

> Hi David,
> yes, this seems to be the problem.
>
>   > $ kpsewhich --var-value TEXMFLOCAL
>   > /usr/local/share/texmf
>
> There is obviously another TeX disribution on your machine, most
> likely provided by your Linux distributor.

Yes. I've been thinking that when he installed TeXworks, Debian/Ubuntu
TeXLive got installed as a dependency, and being
/usr/local/texlive/2017/bin/x86_64-linux at the end of the $PATH, the
repositories distribution takes precedence.

> The version you want to use should be the first element of PATH.
>
> Just try
>
>    PATH=/usr/local/texlive/2017/bin/x86_64-linux:$PATH
>    export PATH
>
> and tell us whether it works.

That won't work for his Lucida test, as he installed the fonts in
/usr/local/share/texmf. I think David should set the $PATH in
/etc/environment like

PATH="/usr/local/texlive/2017/bin/x86_64-linux:/usr/local/sbin: ... "
                                               ^

                                 don't forget the semicolon!

logout and log back in, and check with ` echo $PATH ' if now TUG's
TeXLive is indeed at the beginning of the PATH; then install all Lucida
files in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local in their proper subdirectories,
followed by texhash and enabling the map with updmap-sys.

Best

Axel