[lucida] Instructions on updmap-sys (Type 1)

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Sat Jun 25 18:36:40 CEST 2016

> Le 25 juin 2016 à 17:51, Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> a écrit :
>
> Thanks for the summary, just one thing:
>
>> sudo updmap-sys --disable test-map-file.map
>> sudo updmap-sys --enable Map test-map-file.map
>>
>> in order to coerce updmap into taking into account changes inside the
>> file test-map-file.map.
>
> Why not simply call
>   updmap-sys
> alone? No need for enable again if it is already enabled.
>
> I don't see the point of disable enable cycles...

This is to force updmap-sys to recreate the tl-wide map files (psfonts.map etc.) when the content of a given individual map file (lucida.map) has changed. Otherwise updmap-sys sees lucida.map was already referenced in updmap.cfg and stops.

Afterwards I realized "updmap-sys --force" existed and would work just as well.

Bruno