[lucida] Instructions on updmap-sys (Type 1)

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Sat Jun 25 14:41:04 CEST 2016

> Le 25 juin 2016 à 11:43, Bruno Voisin <bvoisin at me.com> a écrit :
>
> Often a few years back, with teTeX's original (very slow) shell-based updmap, I was hit by this while testing font installation and had to resort to the two-step process
>
> sudo updmap-sys --disable test-map-file.map
> sudo updmap-sys --enable Map test-map-file.map

Of course, the proper way to do this would be instead

sudo updmap-sys --force --enable Map lucida.map

I had never thought about a possible --force option in updmap. It's just now (under the shower!), thinking about how the similar problem for luaotfload would be solved by

luaotfload-tool --update --force

that I realized updmap might have a similar option, which the man page quickly confirmed.

Meaning in practice: maybe the Lucida Type 1 installation instructions should be updated with the --force option; it does no harm in cases it's unnecessary, and takes care of such cases as Paulo encountered.

Bruno