[lucida] Best header definitions?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Wed Dec 30 16:18:54 CET 2015

> Le 30 déc. 2015 à 03:06, Shay Riggs <shay.riggs at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> It would be great if someone (cleverer than me) could come up with something more sophisticated offering package options and the like to access alternative math shapes and characters for example. The “variant g” springs to mind. IIRC, the package for the Type 1 Lucida Bright fonts includes options for upright math, for example.

In a rush again: it’s difficult at this stage to propose anything, as these alternates are accessed through specific mechanisms of the unicode-math package, and this package is still in beta stage and evolving (see for example the recent introduction of \symbf and the changes it implies for \mathbf).

For upright math, this is all set by math-style (= TeX, ISO, upright or french), which is based on some idea of standardization that sometimes comes in conflict with publisher’s instructions. There are also glyph-specific forms like \muppi for upright pi — see unicode-math-table.tex — but in my experience these often don’t work and \mathup{\pi} is a safer bet.

All this to say, it feels too early at this stage to offer such sophisticated package options, until unicode-math stabilizes and clears its remaining bugs/features.

Bruno Voisin