[lucida] Best header definitions?

Shay Riggs shay.riggs at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 03:06:40 CET 2015

Robert,

I too use a “header” for use with LuaLaTeX that looks like yours (see
“lucidamathot.sty” below). It does some relevant stuff like pull in the
fontspec and unicode-math packages as well as set some sane defaults. It
was created from a mish-mash of the example file included with the Lucida
Opentype distribution and the LaTeX Companion .sty package documentation.

Feel free to use and abuse any of the below code.

FWIW, you don’t need to specify the bold and italic variants any more as
they seem to work OK without them with the latest version; same for Bold
Math (which is why it’s commented out below).

It would be great if someone (cleverer than me) could come up with
something more sophisticated offering package options and the like to
access alternative math shapes and characters for example. The “variant g”
springs to mind. IIRC, the package for the Type 1 Lucida Bright fonts
includes options for upright math, for example.

Cheers
Shay

========
\NeedsTeXFormat{LaTeX2e}
%
\ProvidesPackage{lucidamathot}
        [2015/02/03 v0.0.2]

\RequirePackage{fontspec}
\RequirePackage{unicode-math}

% Enable standard TeX input sequences, slightly reduce the size.
\defaultfontfeatures{Ligatures=TeX,Scale=.92}
%
\setmathfont{Lucida Bright Math OT}
%\setmathfont[version=bold]{Lucida Bright Math OT Demi}
\setmainfont{Lucida Bright OT}
\setsansfont{Lucida Sans OT}
\setmonofont{Lucida Sans Typewriter OT}
%
% The specialized one-off fonts:
\newfontface\LucidaBlackletter{Lucida Blackletter OT}
\newfontface\LucidaCalligraphy{Lucida Calligraphy OT Italic}
\newfontface\LucidaHandwriting{Lucida Handwriting OT Italic}

\RequirePackage{microtype}

\endinput
========