[lucida] Arrows in Lucida OpenType

Tobias Columbus tobias.columbus at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 02:53:24 CET 2014

Hi,

I recently noticed that the horizontal bar in $\rightarrow$ in Lucida
Bright Math OT is slightly below the math axis, i.e. the line on which the
minus sign or the horizontal bar of a '+' reside.
I cannot check with the Type1 fonts but I suspect that it is just the same
there.
However, this is not the case with some other math fonts like e.g. Palatino
or Latin Modern.

Is this on purpose or is it a "bug"? If it is on purpose, is there any
method in (Lua)TeX to get the height of this "arrowline-axis"?

I am asking just because it breaks some hacks that rely on the assumption
that arrows have their lines on the axis.

Thank you,
Tobias