[lucida] Problems with Installation

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Thu Jul 25 18:03:22 CEST 2013

Le 25 juil. 2013 à 17:27, Bruno Voisin <bvoisin at me.com> a écrit :

> Using zip for merging would of course be the best by far. I'll stop wasting electronic ink here and turn to the MacTeX list to see whether somebody knows of a way to make this work.

No need to do that actually: my test was wrong. I was testing with a zip archive having a top-level directory above the TDS-compliant tree.

With a zip archive without top-level directory, as I think lucida-complete.zip is, then unzip merges into the existing directory hierarchy of texmf-local on the Mac as it does on Linux.

Hence with Lucida Type 1 what you only need to run (after cd-ing to the directory containing lucida-complete.zip) is

	sudo unzip lucida-complete.zip -d /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local
	sudo mktexlsr
	sudo updmap-sys --enable Map lucida.map

Simple!

Bruno