[lucida] Problems with Installation

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Thu Jul 25 15:37:52 CEST 2013

Le 25 juil. 2013 à 15:25, ulrike demske <udemske at googlemail.com> a écrit :

> I am sorry that I still have questions:
> 1. When I download the distribution, I get - without any chance to interfere - a folder 'lucida-type1'. This is not a zip file!
>
> 2. Inside this folder are alreday the following subfolders: doc, fonts, source, tex.
>
> 3. Only inside the source folder is a zip file: source/fonts/lucida/lucida-fontinst.zip.
>
> 4. When I double click on this zip file, I get a folder lucida-fontinst, containing nothing but tex and mtx files:
>
> <Bildschirmfoto 2013-07-25 um 15.19.18.png>
>
> 5. The other folders are not empty, they include the afm, pfb, tfm files at the right places.
>
> I am certainly no techie, since I do not understand where I need the files included in the zip file, s. above. On the other hand, I believe that all the files I need, afm, tfm etc. are at the right places. And I certainly do not see, why the system tells me I wouldn't find anything.

I assume you're using Safari. This is the cause of your problems here: with its default setting "Open "safe" files after downloading" (in Preferences > General), Safari automatically unpacks zip files upon download, puts the original zip file silently to the Trash and only leaves the unpacked folder in ~/Downloads.

If your Trash has not been emptied since you downloaded lucida-type1.zip (or lucida-complete.zip, I'm not sure how it is called), then you can rescue it from there.

If the Trash has been emptied, then you can redownload this zip file using the link, username and password in the TUG email providing you access to the font. (After unchecking first "Open "safe" files after downloading", of course!)

I understand now why you were mentioning the source/fonts directory, since this was the only directory containing a zip file in what you apparently received.

More in the forthcoming answer to the message from Thomas Quaritsch.

Bruno