[lucida] Two very minor remarks on Lucida Type 1

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Apr 13 23:55:31 CEST 2012

    Is it on purpose that lucidabr hasn't been updated on CTAN?

It's on account of my not getting to it yet, since it didn't seem
terribly high priority, since there are no actual functional changes,
just pretty trivial doc tweaks.  In any case, yes, updating the
Lucida-Type1 distribution on CTAN is on my list.

    - With the basic and complete distributions of Lucida Type 1 now gone,
      and only the complete distribution remaining, wouldn't it make sense
      to set [expert] as the default option instead of the current
      [noexpert]? E.g., line 409 of lucidabr.dtx on CTAN reads
	\ExecuteOptions{noexpert,lucidascale,slantedgreek,mathitalic1,errorshow}

Hmm.  Thanks for pointing that out, I would never have known about it.
It sounds theoretically correct, but, I'm not sure the change is worth
the incompatibility with all previous releases of lucidabr.  E.g.,
someone who has just the basic set grabs the new package and suddenly
existing documents stop working ...

thanks,