[lucida] similar adobe fonts?

ivo welch ivo_welch at brown.edu
Thu Oct 2 14:28:20 CEST 2008

everyone, thanks a lot for helping me understand and install the lucida
fonts.  highly appreciated.

last question, and it is not lucida related (so please forgive me):  is
there a document somewhere that explains how to properly install adobe
type basics?  in a moment of weakness (when my typesetter kicked back a
pdf file, because not all files are included), I purchased them and now
I would like to install them.  the documents I have read all tell me how
to access these fonts in latex, but I also need to get at them in plain
tex.  (since I have the originals now, I don't need the substitute
fonts, either.)

regards,

/iaw