[lucida] Installation of lucida for plain tex?

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Wed Oct 1 02:57:40 CEST 2008

On  30 Sep, 2008, at 19:01, ivo welch wrote:

> Dear Karl---thanks for the help.  alas, I can't help you maintain
> lucida.  I am just the normal leech.  :-(.
>
> I read the doc/fonts/lucida/readme.lucida file and saw the list
> of .tfm
> files.  however, it does not tell me what I need to do in order to
> make
> the fonts work in .tex documents with pdftex.  could I please impose
> on
> you again here?  exactly what steps do I need to take to have my
> little
> plain tex document use the fonts?

I'm not a plainTeX user myself (unfortunately). You will have to
experiment with the tfm font names; for example, this works:

\font\lucrom=hlhr8y at 10pt
\font\lucit=hlhri8y at 10pt
\font\lucsc=hlhrc8y at 10pt
\font\lucbold=hlhb8y at 10pt

\lucrom Hola. \lucit Hola. \lucsc Hola. \lucbold Hola.

\bye

Best,

Axel