[lucida] Installation Question

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Sun Aug 31 14:15:33 CEST 2008

On  31 Aug, 2008, at 07:03, Ulrich Groh wrote:

> Please ignore my question. I had out-commented in the file the lines
>
> % use Lucida fonts for both text and math.
> \usepackage[altbullet]{lucidabr}     % get larger bullet
> \DeclareEncodingSubset{TS1}{hlh}{1}  % including \oldstylenums
>
> which causes the problems. Sorry for wasting time and space.

Don't worry. It's OK. On the other hand, those font warnings are very
common. See other log files of documents with different fonts.

But I wonder ---if you have commented out \usepackage[altbullet]
{lucidabr}, how is it that LaTeX was loading Lucida fonts?

>> (/Users/ugroh/Library/texmf/tex/latex/lucida/t1hlct.fd
>> File: t1hlct.fd 2005/09/15 font definitions for T1/hlct (WaS/PCTeX/

Anyway, I've been using Lucida fonts since TUG re-released them, also
on a Mac; and, like you, I have everything in ~/Library/texmf. I can
say I'm a very happy user of Lucida.

Best,

Axel