[lucida] Lucida with miktex 2.5

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Feb 28 21:02:11 CET 2007

Hi Walter,

   File: omxhlcv.fd 1997/09/07 v4.2 Lucida New Math Extension (Y&Y Names)
   ! Font OML/hlcm/m/n/10.95=lbmr at 10.29301pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file no

This is an old style file, which wants the "original" tfm names like
lbmr.  However, it seems the tfm's were not part of your localtexmf
backup/restore; I imagine you are getting the tfm's from miktex instead,
or maybe they aren't on the system at all.

The new name for this font is hlcrv.tfm; there are "new" names for all
the fonts.  (Actually these names have been used for ages as well.)

You can get the Lucida distribution including all macros and tfm's,
omitting only the pfb's, from CTAN, e.g.,
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/psfonts/bh/lucida.

    I should also mention that I'm using the font files from 1998 when I
    bought Lucida Bright Complete from Y&Y. Are there changes I should
    know about?

In terms of actual functional changes to the fonts or macros, no,
nothing terribly significant.  The pfb's themselves are 100% unchanged.

Hope this helps.

Best,
karl