[lucida] problem with plainTeX using lucida

Guy Chasse guy.chasse at emn.fr
Mon Sep 25 13:23:09 CEST 2006

Hello,

Is there   some Sample PlainTeX documents using Lucida  ?

I bought lucida fonts several years ago from Y&Y and  used it with plaintex, it was OK.
On last june I changed my computer and  I bought the lucida complete   font set from TUG.
I am only now trying to use these fonts. I think the installation is OK because I succeed to compile the Sample LaTeX document  using Lucida and obtain right .ps and .pdf files. But I am unable to get something right with a PlainTex file.
I tried to do like before and  I include (by /input at the beginning of macro file) a file called "texnansi.tex" and  a file called "lcdplain.tex" (obtained from the Y&Y distribution).
My source file is "ex1_imp.tex" and "a4luc.tex" is a macro file (calling "texnansi.tex" and "lcdplain.tex").

I get the following answer:

> tex ex1_imp.tex

This is TeXk, Version 3.141592 (Web2C 7.5.5)
 %&-line parsing enabled.
(./ex1_imp.tex (/home/chasse/TeXinputs/a4luc.tex
(/home/chasse/TeXinputs/texnansi.tex) (/home/chasse/TeXinputs/lcdplain.texkpaths
ea: Running mktextfm lbr
mktextfm: Running mf-nowin -progname=mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; inpu
t lbr
This is METAFONT, Version 2.71828 (Web2C 7.5.5)

kpathsea: Running mktexmf lbr
mktexmf: no pointsize.
! I can't find file `lbr'.
<*> \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input lbr

Please type another input file name
! Emergency stop.
<*> \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input lbr

Transcript written on mfput.log.
grep: lbr.log: No such file or directory
mktextfm: `mf-nowin -progname=mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input lbr'
failed to make lbr.tfm.
kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.

! Font \tenrm=lbr at 9.5pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found.
l.51 \font\tenrm=lbr at 9.5pt
                              \font\sevenrm=lbr at 6.9pt  \font\fiverm=lbr a...

Could someone tell me what I should do ?
I use texlive 2005 on a linux system.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards.

Guy Chassé