[lucida] lucida fonts on Mac OS X

Harri Haanpää Harri.Haanpaa at iki.fi
Sun Jan 8 00:56:50 CET 2006

On 1/7/06, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> Thanks for writing.
>
>     First, do the Lucida fonts work on any machines that latex runs on,
>     or are their OS dependencies?
>
> Any OS.
>
>     Second, is the installation relatively straightforward?

I have just succeeded in installing the Lucida fonts on my iBook. In
my experience it was really pretty straightforward.

1) Unpack the fonts into the local texmf directory. Since I only
wanted to install them for my personal use, I unpacked them in the
subdirectory texmf of my home directory. (I must admit I really don't
know much about this, but I guess at least tetex looks there - the
LaTeX I have on this computer is the tetex port from Darwin ports.)

2) run mktexlsr. It just worked.

3) When I then tested the installation by trying to compile the Lucida
sample file myself, I got an error message from the line
\DeclareEncodingSubset{TS1}{hlh}{1}  % including \oldstylenums
which left me wondering for a moment, but then it occurred to me that
the textcomp.sty file on my computer was outdated and I had to get a
newer version. So I did that.

4) It seems to just work.

Best regards,
 Harri Haanp\"a\"a