[lucida] lucida revisions

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Dec 11 23:27:15 CET 2006

For everyone's information ... I asked Chuck about the changes that have
been discussed here -- subscript positioning, arrowheads, general font
size -- and he said doing such things sounded fine to him.  He thought
it likely that they could be considered defects in the original fonts.
And, there is basically no prospect of them changing the fonts
for the foreseeable future.

It would be definitely be desirable to make any such changes at the TeX
level, instead of at the font level, so that they can be controlled by
an option and existing documents will remain unchanged.  Even the
subscripts can be done that way, I believe, by doing \fontdimen assignments.

Or perhaps it should be a different class name instead of an option.  It
would probably depend on how far-reaching the changes end up being.

So, anyway, I am open to patches/documentation/samples ... (looking
forward to yours, Volker :)

Best,
Karl